Well you are here because you have asked yourself the question so many other iPhone users have which is how to:
Having a backup of your Apple device is helpful. It keeps all downloads, contact information, photos, messages, call log and more. It is always advisable to make a backup of your data on the Cloud or a PC. You can use them later if you have to move them to a new device or to the same device after a restore.
Obviously some of these steps are going to be unnecessary for certain users, so just skip the steps that do not apply to you. You will know which do or do not apply.
- Install Apple iTunes onto your computer.
- Create an Apple ID.
- Open Apple iTunes software on your computer or laptop, and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Power On your iPhone device and connect to your computer running iTunes using the appropriate Apple Cord.
- Locate your device Icon in iTunes on the left menu and click on it.
PC Users Press (CTRL + S), Mac Users (CTRL + RIGHT CLICK) to toggle the side bar.
- You should now see information about your iPhone and a Backups box right beneath it.
- Choose how you want to back up your data. You have two options.
#1 – Backup to your computer.
#2 – Backup to iCloud. You are only allowed to back up 5 GB’s worth of data for free. Anything over that amount will cost you money to increase your storage size.
- Hit the Back Up Now button.
On top of iTunes, you will see the progress of the operation. You must wait a few minutes for it to be ready. When iTunes is finished, the bar will fill and then disappear. That means the backup process is over.
To verify that the backup was done correctly, in the menu bar, click on “iTunes”, then “Preferences” and you will see your devices name next to the time the backup was created. If you have made the backup more than once, it will be differentiated by date. If you have multiple backups of different gadgets, you can recognize them by name.
Now for many people, iTunes can be a very tricky way to back up your data. It’s the worst part about Apple’s suite of product. However, there is an extremely great alternative!
– Best iTunes Alternative –
Faster, More Simple, More Powerful.
If you have already attempted an iPhone backup and lost your data, it can be saved!
– Recover Up To 12 Types of Deleted iPhone Data –